The New Header

The New Header

Saturday 19 March 2011

E-Crosser Frame: Concept 1

The concept of this whole project is to build an electric autocrosser.  For those who don't know autocrossing, look it up because it's way too much fun for you not know about it.

Right now in the design stage I am only working on the frame and suspension. Here is the first concept of the E-Crosser frame.  I was going to try and be innovative with the suspension, having a swing arm rear and the electric motor would be on the swing arm.  Perhaps not the best setup but it was different.  Also, I was hoping to build the suspension from scratch.  This would change.

This design also would not be legal as I was informed by some people on the CASC-OR forums, because the wheelbase was not 80 inches, and the frame was not up to the waist of the driver.  I missed that part of the rulebook.  Woops.

The front suspension was inspired by a formula car's front end.  

The wheels (those brown donut things) are for scale only.  They are 205/50/15.  This will change too as the design goes on.

There is a thread on the CASC-OR forum that you can take a look at to get up to speed with this project.  Here it is.

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=21686

There you will see what my concept is hopefully going to become and you can read all the comments before I started this blog.

Because people like pictures and renderings, I'll throw all of my previous designs up here, but I'll not put all the comments from the CASC forums..

So, here is concept 1.



No comments:

Post a Comment